Light weight, easy-to-use, and relatively inexpensive, grinders for home use are not easy to come by. But LEM 575 Watt #8 is one such kitchen appliance that can attend to all your meat grinding needs. LEM has provided us with a wonderful product for daily household use. Its 575 watt motor is powerful, efficient, and has forward and reverse speeds. This mincing machine has a square-shaped aluminum tray that can hold large amount of meat, processing up to 1-2 dears a year. Its grinder head is made from aluminum as well, to make it lighter and last long. Its power indicator is effortless to read from; it contains two stainless steel plates, a stuffing plate and knife, a stuffing tube and meat stomper. This model is built to last and holds a lot of features to help you in your everyday use.
LEM Products 575 Watt #8 Electric Meat Grinder - Best benefit - Why it is best seller in Amazon?
- It’s quite obvious with the way LEM has named their product that this specific device uses 575 watts of power. It is made to muscle through the toughest of meats and process them thoroughly. If the meat is sliced small enough to slide down the grinder’s throat, no matter what kind of meat it is, it’s bound to be processed perfectly.
- LEM 575 Watt #8 grinder can go through 2 or 3 pounds of meat in a minute. An astounding 30 to 45 pounds of meat can be processed in just 15 minutes. You can easily get enough meat to last you a month and just store it in the freezer for all your nutritious needs.
- As the grinder is quite small (Size 8, which is commonly used in household kitchens), the output of processed meat is small as well, around 2 ½ inches. It has a narrow feeding tube as well, 1 5/8 in diameter. Due to this you must cut down the meat to one inch in size so it fits down the grinder’s ‘throat’ in ease.
Things We Liked
- Inexpensive pricing
- Stainless steel plates
- Stainless steel knife
- Die-cast aluminum head
- Aluminum meat tray
- Well-praised customer service
- Countless optional attachments for your future needs
- UL approved
- 575 watt motor
- Forward and reverse speeds
- Plastic Gears
- Processes 2 to 3 pounds of meat in a minute
Things We Didn't Like
- The grinder is noisy
- It’s internal gears are made of plastic
- The main parts of the grinder consist of plastic and aluminum
- It cannot grind bones
- The grinder plate gets easily clogged and interrupts the grinding process
Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 14.3 x 10.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.2 pounds
Actual Product Weight: 10.9 pounds.
Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
Feature of LEM 575 WATT #8
- Sturdy 575 watt #8 grinder
- Forward and reverse speeds
- 120 volt, UL approved.
- Compact size for easy storage.
- Two stainless steel plates (coarse 5/16" with 18 holes and fine 3/16" with 48 holes).
- Stainless steel grinder knife.
- Plastic stuffing plate (2 1/2 inches).
- 7/8"stuffing tube.
- Large aluminum meat pan (10"L x 6 3/4"W x 1 3/4"H).
- Meat stomper that stores the sausage stuffing plate and tube.
LEM 575 Watt #8 grinder consists of many stainless steel parts. Even though its main body is not one of these parts, the grinder plates and cutting knife are stainless steel.
The body of the grinder, meat stomper, stuffing tube and internal gear is made of plastic. It consists of aluminum grinder head unit, auger and meat tray.
It might be a small detail that most people don’t pay much attention to, but I personally love having a place in my appliances to tuck the cord in. It keeps the house nice and tidy, and keeps me from using all the rubber bands lying around the house. Thankfully, this fantastic device holds such a handy feature. It may be a small detail but it’s extremely useful.
Another detail that I find quite handy is how the LED controls turn blue to show you that it’s on. All you must do is glance at it to see that the grinder is turned on or off.
Using the grinder itself is extremely easy. There are three buttons, one for turning the device on, one to turn it off and one to initiate its ‘reverse’ option.
LEM 575 Watt #8 grinder has received many positive reviews with a lot of praise. But of course, nothing is perfect. With its positive reviews and praise, there’s some negative reviews and complaints surrounding the device.
Around 8% of the reviews gave one star in their comments. 2% people gave 2 or 3 stars in their reviews. 21% gave 4 star reviews and a staggering 67% gave 5 star reviews!
Most of the complaints were about the grinder’s noisiness. And some complained about the clogging. Unfortunately, some defective models get sent to the customers on rare occasions but hopefully that would not be a problem in most cases.
Guide about Setup - Install
- LEM 575 Watt #8 grinder should be washed by hand in hot soapy water. It is not dishwasher safe. Do not soak!
- More specifically, its attachments are not dishwasher-safe. The device’s aluminum will most likely discolor if washed by a dishwasher. The color changes to this unpleasing dark blackish tone. Though it will work just fine and is safe to use, it would not look very nice with its color deforming.
LEM 575 Watt #8 grinder is very reliable and worth its time for your home needs. If you are looking for a budget-friendly grinder and do not mind the plastic and aluminum parts, and are planning on grinding occasionally, this grinder is for you!